23 agosto, 2007

Dancing to the underground.

When one lives in Buenos Aires it's inevitable to feel part of a small, indeed, a trully small portion of the population, for the mere fact of listening to a certain kind of music. This leads sometimes to a sort of auto-segregation. A feeling of deservingness is brought about, mixed in most cases, with a feeling of superiority. A similiar, if not the same thing happens with other arts, activities, etc. All of this, is just and introductory idea, that hopefully will help to understand the following.
When the night is here, music must be there to, and that's a fact for me, and probably for whoever is reading this post. One would always love the Dj to have at its disposition the music oneself is eager to listen to, but that does not always happen. Some nights end without any Dj at all, some with music one feels shouldn't be called so, and sometimes, music one really likes, and even more, was listening to while having the first drinks of the night with friends, but is not willing to listen in a club. It is, precisely, this last posibility, the one I would like to make a point of.
I've not found a club that regularly opens where the Dj plays the kind of music I would like to listen to in a club. It's not that I except the Dj to play exactly what I want to listen to, but there are different ways of screwing a dance floor. I'll put and example to state the point clearly. The closest place to what I would like to exist and doesn't, is "Compass" every Friday in "Niceto". The music played in one of the two dance floors, is quite much the music that I like listening to, and normally there are good sequences of a couple of songs in a row. Even more, most of the songs played during the night are quite nice, wether I, or whoever, likes them or not, they all fit the orientation of the party.
What is the problem, you may think. Well, there's one at least. It seems from time to time, that the place is not actually a club. What I mean with this is that the songs are not always particularly danceable, or not at all. YES, I do like "Interpol" very very much, but NO, I don't wanna listen to "Slow Hands" in a club after Justice's D.A.N.C.E has been played. Mr Dj, you wanna include "Interpol" in your set, very welcomed it'll be, but early, not after you have banged my fucking head with nice danceable beats, because you know what? NOW I WAN'T TO LEAVE, SIT DOWN. WHATEVER BUT KEEP IT UP!
Summing up, Buenos Aires is lacking a really good club. For the moment, we still depend on random, hazardouz parties that may happen from time to time. Such parties, I'll try to spot and inform you about. This does not mean I'll be an agenda, that I'll not miss any events, but that I'll try to let you know, everytime I feel the nights have something better to offer than the usual.

.
Suggestions as well as corrections regarding my english are very welcome.

No hay comentarios: